Scan Any Document to Email, Smartphone, Tablet, Fax, Google Drive, MS OneDrive, Print, Family Search or USB
For well over a decade EnvisionWare has provided several options for copy management including copiers, facilities management operations and copy payment devices. But our customers wanted faxing and scanning as well as options to control payment. Those functions required a lot of integration components, took space and were hard for patrons to use. Copier panels are designed for offices, not for the public.
In early 2013 EnvisionWare delivered a revolutionary new solution for public libraries - the Library Document Station™. The Library Document Station fixes lots of issues and adds several new public offerings. Not only do you have the potential to replace the woes of copier management but you deliver your digital natives the services they expect.
- Intuitive - Easy to Use
A wizard style touch screen interface guides the patron through the workflow. Unlike copiers patrons can place a document in any position and the system will align it automatically. The patron selects a destination and has options for cropping, rotating and other tuning. The core workflow is:
- 1) Select a Destination
- 2) Enter the requested information
- 3) Scan
- 4) Done
Customize the screen with your library logo; add/remove options, change prices and pricing models with ease.
- Copy Function
For the classic 'copy' operation you can scan to a local or network printer or integrate the Library Document Station with EnvisionWare LPT:One™ Print Management. Book edge scanner and unique 'split scanned double page' feature.
- Versatile Charging
You decide the pricing model for each option and choose what options are enabled. The user interface provides multiple buttons that can be customized with text to fit your needs. Use a CBA (EnvisionWare Coin and Bill Acceptor) for cash payment. And with version 3.x you can link to EnvisionWare eCommerce Services to add deposit account, ILS account and credit card payment options. NEW!
- Use as a full self-service Kiosk
The included Launch Command technology lets you share the LDS touch screen computer with EnvisionWare reservation stations, print release terminals and fine payment stations.
- Limit Time Using PC Reservation
Now you can run a PC Reservation client on LDS so that the workstation can be used for multiple purposes or to control the amount of time a patron uses the scanning system.
- Share a CBA or 3rd party coin-op/payment device across Multiple Applications
A single payment device can be used to pay for scanning, faxing, print release and fine payment.
- Space Saving
Since the Library Document Station sits on a table or desktop you save a lot of valuable space. It doesn't require a dedicated outlet and it has no user serviceable components.
- Create A Custom Configuration NEW!
Choose from 4 different scanning platforms and 2 screen options. Mix and match overhead, flatbed and photo scanners.
- Scan to Lots of Destinations
Great for genealogy thanks to the new "Family Search" scan destination. Works seamlessly with GoogleDrive and with MS OneDrive as well as USB, FTP, Network Shares, Email, iPad and other tablets, Smartphones and more...
- GUI-based configuration plus automated cloud-cloning
- Optional email validation
Lets patrons validate to and use their personal email accounts
- What's Missing
Jams, constant questions from patrons about what button to press, frustrations, high operating and maintenance costs, free copies due to misuse or toner problems.
- For Staff
You can select from three options for Inter Library Loan delivery of digital documents, simply choose the service, scan the slip and then scan the document - and you're done.
- What sets this apart from any other solution:
- Amazing Speed and OCR Performance - the fastest in the industry
- Output to searchable PDF, Images or Docx
- Free Faxing in the US and Fax confirmation* (US only)
- Onscreen point-and-click configuration utility
- Optional email validation lets patrons send scans using their personal email accounts
- Multiple options for staff ILL management
- CloudConnect delivers seamless updating and statistics, and clones new machines to your configuration
- Service: Receive a replacement the next day. Connect to the Cloud and it configures itself in seconds.
- Learn more by contacting a sales consultant
*250 pages per month in US. Some restrictions apply.