Reservation Service – resource booking solution
2021 will see many of our customers move to our new CloudNine® Reservation Service. The Reservation Service offers all the features and flexibility of our leading library computer reservation solution, PC Reservation®, plus exciting new features and functionality. Features include:
- Multiple options for booking including Next Available, queued or scheduled reservations.
- Ability to meet diverse library policies.
- Multiple groups per branch with granular access and filtering policies.
- Robust menu options provide for font size changes, language selection, and other patron controls, as well as time remaining shown on screen.
- Alerts display to warn users when the session is about to end.
- Options to extend a session when others are not waiting
The Reservation Service, built on EnvisionWare’s revolutionary CloudNine platform, is web-based and is available as a hosted service. CloudNine, is designed to completely remove the burden of updating from customers, from a single branch library to a complex consortium. Our revolutionary ZeroClient is an innovative, ‘never update’ approach. The ZeroClient downloads all of the needed components when it starts and, as things change, downloads the new components automatically. The server is updated as needed by our Quality Assurance team. When EnvisionWare pushes out an update to the Service, every customer immediately has that update. This includes everything from small updates and patches to a major new release, ensuring that libraries are always running the latest update.
Reservation Service licenses are based upon service population as an all-inclusive subscription service that includes the software and maintenance removing the need for added costs as you install more branches or client PCs.
If you haven’t yet had a quote to install your new Reservation Service please contact us. We are currently taking advance bookings for migrations of existing customers and installation of new libraries.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or create a support case to discuss your options soon.